Founded in 1961, Feng Chia University was restructured into a university in 1980. It has 10 colleges including College of Engineering and Science, College of Business, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Information and Electrical Engineering, College of Construction and Development, College of Finance, International School of Technology and Management, School of Management Development, and iSchool.
The school has more than 20,000 students, with the vision of "becoming a well-known university in the Asia-Pacific region with excellent teaching and breakthrough research" as the school's development vision, and "cultivating modern and democratic citizens with both humanities and professional knowledge" as the educational goal.
Moved to Xitun. Restructured into a university and laid the century foundation stone.
- The Ministry of Education approved the formal filing of Feng Chia College of Engineering and Business.
- Moved to Xitun, creating new opportunities and laying the foundation for the reconstruction of Feng Chia.
- Established a wide range of departments and actively built up the Feng Chia campus.
- University status was granted. The College of Humanities and Social Sciences was established to develop toward a complete comprehensive university.
Recruited faculty and reshaped the campus to cultivate top-notch talents
- Promoted the institutionalization of university affairs. Recruited a large number of full-time faculty and achieved a faculty-student ratio far exceeding the Ministry of Education regulations.
- Launched the "Campus Environment Improvement Project" and established the Leadership Development and Service Learning Center to improve the quality of teaching.
- Adjusted the entire university organization to meet the rapidly changing social environment. Actively promoted the computerization of administrative and university affairs systems.
Teaching excellence. Internationalization. Recognition.
- The establishment of the Central Taiwan Science Park campus to expand industry-academia cooperation and drive the overall development of central Taiwan.
- All 17 engineering-related departments passed the international IEET accreditation, and the quality of teaching meets international standards.
- From 2005 to 2016, ranked number 1 nationwide in total funding received from the teaching excellence program of the Ministry of Education.
- All 19 departments, 35 classes, and 8-degree programs have received unprecedented "full pass" in the evaluation of colleges and universities by the Ministry of Education.
- Established the APEC Research Center for Advanced Biohydrogen Technology to lead the world in biomass hydrogen energy.
International Cooperation Program. Ranked No. 1 in University Performance.
- Ranked No. 1 in Cheers Magazine's "President's Mutual Evaluation - Excellent University of Performance ".
- Established the International School of Technology and Management, the first 2+2 international cooperation program in Taiwan.
- The only university in Central Taiwan to obtain AACSB accreditation for international business and management education.
- Ranked 89th in the Times Higher Education (THE) of the world's top 100 universities with emerging potential, with 5 universities in Taiwan on the list.
- The only comprehensive university in Taiwan that has passed both the university affairs and departmental evaluations, and has been awarded the "Outstanding University with Excellent Performance" by the Ministry of Education.
- Three academic fields - engineering, materials engineering, and computer science - continue to be ranked in the top 1% of the world's Essential Science Indicators (ESI).
Innovative teaching. Aesthetics of life. A great university.
- The Global Views 2020 ranking of the best universities in Taiwan ranked Feng Chia third among private universities, the only non-medical university in the top five, breaking the "medical dominance".
- Renovation and improvement of Fushing Campus and the opening of the Jing-Tsai Student Dormitory.
- Ranked No. 1 private university for the second year in a row in the "CommonWealth Magazine USR College Citizen's Ranking".
- For the first time, the Ministry of Education announced the "stability rate" and Feng Chia was ranked the top private university with 95.44%.
- The Times Higher Education (THE) Asian University Ranking ranked Feng Chia University 141st to 150th, ranking first among private comprehensive universities nationwide.
- For the second consecutive year (2019-2020), the School of Business was ranked "Eduniversal Selected" by Eduniversal, a French higher education ranking.
Great. Good. Joyful.
- Feng Chia University was ranked first in the nation with NT$158,676,314 in the 2021 Program for the Development of Private University Affairs.
- The enrollment rate of new students at Feng Chia University reached 99.79, which is close to the full enrollment rate, ranking No.1 among comprehensive private universities and the sixth nationwide.
- Feng Chia broke the dominance of private universities in the North and won the top spot for the first time in the "Corporate Favourite College Students Ranking" by Global Views.
- The International School of Technology and Management was selected as a beacon college in the 2021 Ministry of Education's Bilingual Program.
- FCU Cloud Innovation School officially became the first educational institution to be an AWS Training Partner in Greater China.
Great. Good. Joyful.
- Feng Chia broke the dominance of the North for the first time in 2021 and won the top place in the "Corporate Favourite University Students Ranking" by Global Views again.
- Ranked No. 1 among private universities for 8 consecutive years and No. 4 in the country in Cheers Magazine's "2022 Excellent University of Performance "
- FCU broke the dominance of private universities in the North and won the top spot for the first time in the "Corporate Favourite College Students Ranking" by Global Views.
- The enrollment rate for the 2022 academic year is 99.88%, which is close to full enrollment and dominates the greater central area.
"Loyalty, Diligence, Sincerity, Perseverance" were the four words of Feng Chia's motto added in 1964. Different from the meaning in the past, the motto now has a new interpretation, "loyal to things, diligent in learning, sincere in heart, and persevere in action", as the benchmark attitudes of teachers and students.
Feng Chia former triangular badge, with gear and coin representing engineering and business respectively, was changed to a round one when we were granted university status in 1980.
Inae represents educational achievements
Connotation of the school spirit "Loyalty, Diligence, Sincerity, Perseverance"
Feng Chia University former president Zhang Xizhe collected opinions from his colleagues and urged Professor Huang Chunren to write lyrics and musician Hwang Yau-tai to compose. The song was published in the university magazine in Jan 1969 and started to use since then. A major revision was made in 1980. During the 40th anniversary, alumnus Li Shouquan was invited to re-arrange the music and during the 50th anniversary, students were also invited to perform creatively in various styles.
History of Feng Chia University Chairmans and Presidents
Since the establishment of the school 60 years ago, through the efforts of the chairman and the principal, each generation has completed different school affairs development tasks with varying forms of life. So far, the academic reputation is growing day by day, and changes can be seen everywhere, beyond the spiritual indicators of excellence, and integrate the concept of sustainability into the school affairs development blueprint to practice the educational responsibility and social responsibility that higher education should shoulder.
Education is always to meet a better self
Feng Chia University upholds the concept of lifelong learning to provide the best quality of teaching to those who want to know more about themselves.
University has great use
Feng Chia always believes that the education provided by the university will affect many changes in one's life.
Elegant and humble art across generations
Mr. Kengo Kuma interprets architecture as not only a building but also an environment where people and everything coexist, and the never-ending flow of life.