Feng Chia University Privacy Protection Statement
You are very welcome to visit the “Feng Chia University Global Information Network” (hereinafter referred to as this website). Feng Chia University attaches great importance to your privacy and complies with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act and related laws and regulations. This statement is hereby formulated to assist you to understand how this website collects, processes use, and is committed to protecting your online privacy and personal data.
1. The scope of application of the privacy protection statement includes how this website handles the personal identification data collected when you use the website services. The privacy protection statement does not apply to other non-university websites to which this website provides links. You must refer to the privacy protection statements in such linked websites.
2. How to collect and use data
(1)The server will record the IP address of the connected device, the time you use it, the browser you use, your browsing and click data records, etc. This record is only for internal applications and serves as a reference for us to improve our website services.
(2)When you participate in the relevant services of this website, we will follow the provisions of the “Personal Data Protection Act” and relevant laws and regulations for the information you provide, and will not apply it for purposes other than the specific purposes of collection.
(3) Except for the two situations described above, this website will not collect any personal identification information.
3. Data protection host of this website has necessary security protection measures and continues to accept the verification of the information security management system. Strict measures are adopted to protect your data and only authorized personnel can access your data. The relevant handling personnel has signed a non-disclosure agreement. If there is a breach of confidentiality obligations, relevant penalties will be imposed.
4. Information Sharing and UseExcept for the following conditions, this website will never disclose your data to third parties or use it other than the purposes of collection:
(1) where it is expressly required by law.
(2) where it is within the necessary scope for a government agency to perform its statutory duties.
(3) where it is to prevent material harm to the rights and interests of others.
6. Self-protection measures please keep your password and personal data securely and do not provide them to anyone. After you have finished using the personalized service, you must remember to log out of your account. If you are sharing your computer with others or using a public computer, please remember to close the browser window to prevent others from reading your data, letters, or entering the management area of your unit.
7. Amendment to the Privacy Protection StatementThe privacy protection statement of this website will be revised at any time in response to needs and the revised terms will be published on the website.
Last revision date: October 3, 2012 (view archived version)
If you want to exercise your rights about the personal data collected by the University, please fill in the attached form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you.